What to do after a fire
- CONTACT FAMILY – Make sure your family and friends know you are safe!
- CHECK FOR INJURIES – Make sure any injured people or animals have recieved medical care
- STAY CLEAR OF THE SCENE – Stay clear of the burned structure until fire personnel have deemed it safe to re-enter.
- INSPECT YOUR HOME -Inspecting your home for hazards including stuctural damage, electrical appliances and wiring, plumbing, and heating and cooling units is an important step to ensure safety when re-entering the home
- FINANCIAL AND EMOTIONAL SUPPORT – Agencies such as American Red Cross may be able to assist with financial and emotional hardships after a fire.