- Keep fires away from overhanging branched and other vegetation.
- If possible try to use an existing fire pit and circle the fire with rocks to prevent fire from spreading out.
- Clear an area at least 3 feet around the campfire site down to bare soil making sure to clear all burnable debris.
- Keep water and a shovel handy.
- Extra firewood should be stored upwind and well away from the fire.
- Never leave the fire unattended.
- When you leave make sure the fire is completely out. See instructions below for more information.